Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Many Things



I hope every one's summer is going well. Of course, ours has been busy and fun! I have many things to tell you, but don't want to sit here all day so I will do this quickly.




1. We went on our annual camp trip with the family a couple weeks ago. It was very eventful! First off, we brought some neighbors of mom and dads. This was the first time they had been to the Buffalo, and we really wanted it to be great for them. When we arrived on Friday, you could tell storm clouds were rolling in. The rangers told us that a hail storm was expected in 30 minutes. So what do we do? Put up are tents? Wait it out? Is there really going to be a storm or is going to roll on by? Well we went with going ahead and putting up the tents. I have to say this is the first time Sam and I have put up our tent so smoothly. I mean it took us maybe 10 minutes with NO fights...amazing! As we were putting up the rain flap Sam said, "Boy this looks like poison oak!" STAY AWAY!! Sam and poison oak have a very bad history and I will not go into this right now...for the sake of his esteem. So no storm yet...we are doing good. Almost everyone has their tents up and the boys decide to go ahead and get our canoes for the next day. This is where the trouble began. Right as they pull off the thunder starts, light sprinkles, but no big deal. Mom, Jean and I go ahead and decide to put up DD and Sadey's tent. We are are almost to putting on the rain flap when the rain starts pouring. Nicely enough mom and Jean helped me quickly put on the flap, and then we all ran to our cars. Lighting and thunder makes Sarah very nervous! Anyways, it passed, and then we all proceeded to putting our "homes" together. The boys arrived back with the bad details of how the canoe rental place was all filled up for Saturday! They did have a 3 hr trip for us though. We go to the river mainly to float ALL DAY Saturday on it, so this was a bit disappointing. Our 3 hr trip ended up being more like 2 hrs! It was beautiful though! NO storms and the river was perfect temp! Saturday night about 2am it starts lighting! Sam decides to go to the girls tent and sleep with them, and I stay in our tent with the boys. I believe he just made it to the girls tent when the storm started in full force! From 2 am till 5 am it stormed! It was NOT fun and no sleep was involved during this time! It rained so hard that our tent got pretty soaked! I was exhausted Sunday morning and wanting my bed so badly! The good thing is that the rain did stop long enough for us all to pack our stuff and go home Sunday. All in all it was fun and I can't wait to go again! Oh and by the way that was poison oak that Sam got into! By Wednesday morning his eye was swollen shut! He is much better now after a shot of steroid, a prescription, and a $40 soap that helped a lot!
2. Got a wild hair and gave the boys Mohawks! They are too cute. I think it really shows off their personality.

3. For DD's bday she got shaving equipment! So yes, my 11 year is now shaving! Such a big moment in her life! Last Friday night she got in the bathtub and I taught her how to shave. It was a special moment between us and I hope she doesn't forget it! I also hope she doesn't get lazy about taking care of her legs! We shall see!

4. Last weekend we were at our usual favorite place, the lake. But this time it was more eventful because the kids tried to ski! First they all tried the tube, except Devyn! Too scared! Sadey had the most fun, she is a dare devil out there! I was surprised! Then they got brave enough to try the ski's. First Sadey, of course, I sat out there with her and Sam held the rope from the boat, so when she falls the rope doesn't keep pulling her! I remember this as a kid, dad sitting in the water with me teaching me to ski! This was an important moment between me and the kids also! Sadey, Luke and Nate all got up on the ski's but not for very long, once again Devyn did not try! I was so proud of them, and can't wait till they try again! They will be able to do it next time! No pics, sorry!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like quite the summer so far. Thank goodness we still have some of it left!!!