Friday, January 2, 2009

The Shack


I have found a book that everyone should read! The Shack.
To be completely honest this book was hard for me to read. I'm at a point in my life right now where I am having some issues with anger. And as the average human that I am I try to find blame with my anger. I have many sources but one of them is God. Watch out I may be struck down by lightening! It is a hard thing for me to admit, to be angry with the One who created me, how absurd! It may be absurd but it is my truth right now. Or at least was my truth. I believe God puts a book in your hands with His meaning when you need it, and he did that with me through The Shack. This book has lightened my heart, taken away some of my anger, answered some questions that the human race has had for a long time. It may be WM. Paul Young's answer to these questions, but I believe God spoke through him. It is so hard to realize sometimes that I am worth God's love, but I do believe He loves me. Crazy, to love me!

This book has opened my eyes and changed my heart forever! For those who doubt the existence of God, it may open your mind to Him a little, or at the very least it will be entertaining for you. Those who do believe in God must have an open mind. It all makes perfect sense to me! It is a book of fiction but as Willie said at the end of the book, "Do I think it's true? I want all of it to be true. Perhaps if some of it is not actually true in one sense, it is still true nonetheless--if you know what I mean. I guess you and Sarayu will have to figure that one out."

If you read one book this New Year, give The Shack a chance.
It is not just a chic book, men will love it too! Actually I could see where a man may be touched more by this book than a woman.
Also, this book has phrases at the beginning of every chapter. Oh, how I love little tid-bits of knowledge written down in a way that makes you ponder for awhile. Some of my favorites...
Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets. Paul Tournier.
Two roads diverged in the middle of my life,
I heard a wise man say
I took the road less traveled by
And that's made the difference every night and every day
Larry Norman (with apologies to Robert Frost)
The soul is healed by being with children. Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Let's pray that the human race never escapes Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. C.S. Lewis.
Growth means change and
change involves risk, stepping
from the known to the unknown. Author unknown.
Even should we find another Eden,
we would not be fit to enjoy it perfectly nor stay in it forever. Henry Van Dyke.
Two more....
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully
as when they do it from a religious conviction. Blaise Pascal
Falsehood has an infinity of combinations,
but truth has only one mode of being. Jean Jacques Rousseau.
Happy reading!
theshackbook.com

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad you enjoyed the book. It is one of those that you aren't for sure how people will respond to it. I loved it as well. It is probably one I will read again when I need to be reminded of a few things! I'm always here if you need to talk.

samsarah4 said...

I just want to comment on the word,PLETHORA.It's fantastic!There are few words such as that to PROVOKE one's thought.I'm so INFATUATED by the way you think,it is so MYSTERIOUS.I love you ,baby...babe...honey...lovey...MI AMORE'!

samsarah4 said...

thank you sam...this was from our christmas eve blog