Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We did! With the way the economy is right now we knew Christmas would be tough, but God truly blessed us! Why does Christmas always seem to come down to money when it is about so much more, JESUS! Our kids asked for very little and got everything they wanted, and received all their gifts with excitement!


I was so very thankful that my kids have a thankful heart! They were truly pleased! It is sad to say but some kids don't have a thankful heart, and just seem to be greedy! I pray with all my heart that my kids will never become one of these brats! It was a true blessing watching them open their presents with looks of surprise and never thinking "this is all I got??"! Because in reality they did get all they wanted, and thank God for that!



We enjoyed a Christmas Eve at home watching Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe Chronicles of Narnia! The kids each had their own bag of popcorn (a treat in this house), and had a plethora of blankets laid out before the TV. Good times. We also enjoyed a few Christmas books, and the most important the story of baby Jesus! It was a great night being at home with my family!







Christmas day the kids opened their presents, and then we headed to the hill, my in-laws. The weather was nice, finally, so the kids enjoyed a lot of time outside. They received many great presents from their grandparents, and Elke out did herself again on a great Christmas meal. It was a good day.

Elke watched the girls for a couple days, so the boys and I have had a good time together. It has been a great week, and now the real world of work comes back. I enjoyed every minute I had with my kids, and will treasure it! Hope you all had a great Christmas, and enjoy your New Year!

1 comment:

Wasilly said...

Love the pictures - It looks like you guys had a great time! At 32 I still think sitting on a bunch of pillows and blankets in front of the TV and watching Chronicles of Narnia with some popcorn sounds awesome! Hope you have a great New Year too.

Also, I've been wondering about the name Elke...where is your mother-in-law from?