Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend


What a great weekend it was!

The week didn't start off to great with first Nate getting the stomach flu, then me and by Friday Luke. Poor Luke. The kid spent his entire spring break sick and missing out on all kinds of fun. So mom thought that since he had Good Friday off she would have him spend the night Thursday night and then take him to the Butterfly Palace Friday. Just him, something that never happens. Unfortunately being in the middle of many children does suck sometimes! He was so excited, but that all ended Friday morning with mom calling saying he had been puking since 6am! So yes my poor big man had to miss out on another day of fun! One of these days he will get his break!!

Amazingly the sickness held off the entire weekend. It came back with a vengeance starting on Monday. Luke again, Sadey then Sam and Devyn got it! Just 24 hour episode, Thank God! Ohhh one funny thing about it! The older Devyn gets the more she seems to fight me over EVERYTHING. I guess I should understand this since I did the same thing to my mom, but it doesn't help to know this! She got up yesterday releasing fluids from both openings, and then insisted that she HAS to go to school. "We are having Map Testing, and I can't miss it!" Persisted on and on to the point I was ready to throw her out of the house! So I woke up Nate, made her get dressed and drove her to school! Making sure she understood that I would NOT come and get her! This was her decision and I hope she made the right one! I went to see her before church started that night, and she told me that she got sick at school a couple times. But she DID NOT make a mistake by her decision to go...she was fine. "I'm Fine, I feel good"! Blah Blah. Sometimes I wonder why God gave me girls, I just don't seem to be to good at this stuff!

We were blessed with my brother and his wife's presence on Friday night! They hadn't been down in a while so they decided to come down earlier than they usually do. I'm so glad they did! As always I really enjoyed their company. Andrea helped me with the egg decorating, and Dan and Aj both helped with the egg hunt! The kids enjoyed their Aunt and Uncle tremendously!

The egg decorating was adventurous, as always! My kids always go to church that week with stained hands that look like they have not had a bath in a while! The girls did pretty good at keeping their hands clean, but Luke an Nate used their hands to dip their eggs in and out of the dye. Nate washed his hands when he got done decorating (more like breaking) his eggs, and was upset that the dye didn't come off of his hands. He couldn't understand it!

We decided to have the egg hunt on Saturday since the weather was going to suck on Sunday. Easter should be a holiday that is required to have nice sunny warm weather!! The kids had a great time hunting their eggs at Nana and Poppa's! We had a great dinner and more important a great time together as a family!

Sunday we went to church as a family to celebrate our risen Lord, and then we carried on the celebration at mom and dads with a great lunch! It was such a great time! I always enjoy those long weekends with family, this one was especially nice since dad was home! Plus I really enjoyed watching the kids bond more with their Aunt Andrea and Uncle Dan. Dan couldn't really get away from Nate, he demanded most of his time. I loved watching them!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Now we all know Luke is not deprived.....just ask Sam!! Hahahah!!! Just kidding, poor little guy. It stinks that he got it again, Sunday he seemed to feel so much better. I have to give props to Dev......dedicated student not wanting to miss MAP testing. Could they possibly get something special for not missing any days? We do that at our school!

It was a great weekend! Dan and I really enjoyed it as well. I think Uncle Dan is just as fond of Nate as Nate is of him!!