Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lots of things Happening!

Well once again it has been awhile since I have blogged, so I have many things to tell you!






1. Devyn got her green belt in tae kwon do! She is so awesome! She excels many of the kids in the class! Devyn can do just about anything if she puts all she has into it. If she is not interested watch out...it won't happen! But she loves tae kwon do, and it shows through her performance, it truly is beautiful to watch her!































2. I got my hair cut! When I decide to do something different with my hair, I never seem to do it in a small way. I figure it's hair it will grow back. I have this philosophy only if my mom or Kristal does my hair. I trust both of them completely! I have NO luck with anyone else. I cut off about 8 inches and took all the blond out! It was killing my hair. I haven't had healthy hair in a long time. Now it is brown with red highlights and very healthy! I'm loving it! Sam likes the blond of course (most men do), but he likes my new cut!














That's an up close pic, but you get the idea, I hope.






3. Our project. We have lived in our home for 6 years, and all of those 6 years I have wanted to pull up the carpet in the living room. Sam protested until this year when the carpet started pulling away from the tile near the fireplace. I pulled it up to reveal the beautiful hard wood underneath, and he went for it! This was not a small project! It took 2 full days of hard work! Plus the tile that we changed by the fireplace took another few days because of all the layers of work. It turned out awesome! We live in a very different house now. The living room is transformed! There are a few scratches and wear on the floor, but that brings character! The carpet was so nasty, Sam thinks there was black mold on it! So we are hoping that it will help our children's allergies to have it gone, and most of all Luke's breathing problems. We went to spend the night at Sam's parents house last Friday and when we came home it was the first time our house didn't smell like mold! It was amazing!

























4. Sadey received an award for being Character of the Month. Those who know Sadey will enjoy this story! If you don't let me just say this...Sadey is a very very smart little girl, like she is in first grade reading on a third grade level and her writing is even better, but Sadey tends to be very ditsy sometimes! Anyways I was so excited for her and even more excited that I would be able to attend the breakfast with her! They have all the "character of the month" children and their parents come together for breakfast and give them an award. I had asked Sadey what the character word was, and she told me commitment. I asked her what she did to show commitment and she replied that she had no idea! Ok that is funny within itself, but it gets better. Nate and I get ready, go to her school, and start enjoying breakfast. Her principle gets up and explains the program and that we should be proud of our children. She then explains that the character word of the month is........drum roll please...........Cooperation. I'm laughing too hard to even type! Sadey looked at me with her huge blue eyes and said...OPPS! OHHH ya it is cooperation! She still has no idea what she did to show this character though! But as her mother I can see her showing cooperation a lot more than commitment! That's my Sadey!!

No comments: