Friday, August 22, 2008

School Started

OK. First of all an update on Sam...he is better. Hopefully it lasts this time. His blood tests came back normal and had a slight infection. He is going to be on that expensive antibiotic for a total of 10 days, and he was finally given pills for his itching. So that is AWESOME. Some relief and answers in that part of our lives.

My babies started school yesterday. It is always hard for me the first day. Even with Devyn being in 5th grade now. But this year was extra hard because my first son went to kindergarten. This was a hard decision for us to make due to his age. We had the choice and I truly don't wish that upon anyone. It may seem a little decision to some but to me it was big. He went to summer school and after speaking with his teacher and being screened through parents as teacher we came to the decision that he was ready. It's always hard to let go, but I'm so glad he went to summer school because I believe this prepared him so much more.

I met all there teachers and really like Devyn and Luke's...no comment on Sadey's yet. And I might add I have never disliked any of there teachers...that's why there is NO comment yet.

It was such a long day. You would think after watching 9 kids this summer that I would enjoy the break. And I did but I did get a little bored also. The kids were in my thoughts all day, and I was much relieved when they got home and had such a great day. Luke is a big thumb sucker and he informed me that he didn't suck his thumb all day, but boy when he got home I thought that thing might fall off from him not letting it go!! He made a friend the first day too, which is great because he knew no one in his class! Such a big boy. Sadey loves her teacher, and Devyn is so excited to be back in the motion of the busy school year. She adores both of her teachers!!

So yes it was a little nerve racking with my kids going back to school and having the normal worries of my children being away from me, but I am truly blessed that they LOVE school. They look forward to it, which I know won't last forever but I will be grateful for these days and pray they last. I will also be enjoying the break I get even if it isn't for long!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad to hear they all had such a good day. It's a good sign if Sadey likes her teacher. I think that is so important at that age. Yeah Luke....he was probably the one I would be worried about the most but it sounds like he did great!