Monday, September 8, 2008

TEN YEARS


On Saturday Sam and I have been married for 10 years. WOW. We have been through plenty of rough times, but all in all it has been a wonderful 10 years of marriage. I think probably the roughest part is we didn't do it the "right way", and had a child when we got married. So not only did we have to learn each other but also had to learn to be parents. But obviously we don't mind being parents...4 kids later. I truly adore being a wife and mother.


Sam and I usually like to have a weekend together for our anniversary, but I don't believe that will work out for us this year. So instead we had Dev's friend spend the night Friday and took care of 5 children. Friday night was nice. Our kids get along pretty well, so they just played in the room and it was extra exciting due to DD's friend who stayed over. The kids had McD's for dinner and Sam made us grilled steak with stuffed pepper...yum yum. He is such a good cook. He also got this spicy humus dip, and it was awesome. I enjoyed a bottle of wine and he had his usual beer, but he did find Flying Dogs In Heat Wheat beer which is so good. It was just nice to be at home and enjoy a good dinner with him. It would have been better without children, but I will take what I can get.


We got up Saturday, did our yard work then got dressed and went into Branson. We had promised the kids the night before we would take them to the new PetCo in Branson...yes that is what is fun for this family:)!! Plus we had DD's friend all day, so we wanted to get out of the house instead of listening to them in a bedroom all day. Anyways, the pet store was nice, and we got to shop at Kohl's (which I love). We went to the Walmart, yes another exciting adventure for us Deatons, and I didn't like it. It was too big. We took Dev's friend home and invited mom over to watch the Gator game and enjoy another great dinner. Mom and I had so much fun watching that game. We just got goofy over our Gator boys. It was a very exciting game. Loved it.


One of my favorite parts of the weekend was watching HBO Sunday night. It was the new season for Entourage, and True Blood is a new show this year. It was awesome.


So it was a nice weekend. It's always crazy to me that I have been married this long and have a child 10 years old too. Time flies by. I'm so thankful to have my family, and hope that we enjoy the next 10 years together too.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a very eventful weekend! I so want to try that beer. How was the other beer you were talking about? Nice pic by the way. Dan was like yuck!