Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obsessed

Sam was reading a Time magazine that was explaining appropriate books, TV series, and movies for teen girls to be involved with. Having 2 young girls he was interested in this! While reading it he came across a book series called the Twilight Saga. He went to the authors web page, read an exert from the book, and decided that I would love these books.
I tried to get them from my local library but the first book was out so I put it on hold. Before it became available Sam bought me the first two books.
My journey began on a Friday night. I wasn't thinking to much about it. I mean come on I'm not much into sci-fi stuff. Vampires?? The only reason I even liked them was because of that great movie The Lost Boys I saw growing up!! Remember that? Anyways I say "journey" because these books took me on a great ride. I read all four books in 3 weeks. I've read people saying they read them from 2 days to 3 weeks. I could have been that 2 day person, but I do have a family to take care of! These are not small books, Breaking Dawn was 756 pages, but they read like they are only 100 pages!
I was beginning to worry about myself. These books are meant to be for teens and I'm 31 years old and loving it. I mean loving it to the point of any free minute the books were in my face and I hate to admit this but I had several Twilight dreams. I didn't sleep well for the 3 weeks I was reading them. Due to my insecurities I found people that have enjoyed the books from the ages of teens to 65 years. So yes I do feel better about that, along with the fact I found several people in their thirties that had children that became obsessed also.
After finishing the Twilight Saga I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went to the authors web page and found Midnight Sun. Which is Twilight from Edwards point of view. She only has a partial draft of it on her web page, and I will not go into detail why, you can check it out on stephaniemeyer.com.
The movie comes out in 14 days. I know it won't do the books justice, movies never do, but I am so excited to see it. Sam will be taking me!! I believe they did a really good job picking out the cast. My only problems were I considered Rosalie and Carlisle to be "prettier", but come on no one could come up with the people I created in my head. They did a great job with Bella and Edward (love those names) I could get really vulgar in the way I explained Robert Pattinson but I will spare you:)!

I guess my point is if you have not read these books, and are looking for a great romantic escape then I completely recommend the Twilight Saga. Become another obsessed freak. As one of my friends said..."I believe Twilight is a cult and I am happily drinking the kool-aid"! I love it! And for those who understand...TEAM EDWARD even though I believe the books would have never been the same without Jacob, I'm one of his fans also!!

No comments: