Saturday, November 15, 2008

Priceless

OK let me start off by saying that it is rare that I come up with a good idea. Most of my ideas are "hand me downs" from other intelligent people.

So last weekend was my sister-n-law's birthday. Kelly is a very special person!! She is 10 years older than me (you can do the math I'd rather not at this moment), and loves Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and most of all High School Musical.

So as most of us that have young girls know High School Musical 3 was only in theaters! This is something that really gets me!! Why in theaters?? The first two movies were premiered on the Disney channel! Like these people don't make enough money on their backpacks, jewelery, sunglasses, clothes, DVDs, Cd's, ect......!! It just ticks me off! Anyways, moving on...I knew how much Kelly would love to see this movie. So here is my good idea, I wanted to be the one to take her...a big surprise. The movie has been out since the end of October and last weekend I was busy visiting family, so my prayer became a reality when it was still showing THIS weekend.

The movie was showing at 11:30, so the kids and I spent the night out on the hill (Galena where my in-laws live). It just made it easier because Elke watched the boys so I could take the girls to the movie. They had no idea what I was up to, or so I thought! We got ready and headed to Branson. Let me just say that it was absolutely priceless to watch Kelly's face as we pulled into the movie theater and she realized what we were doing! That smile, that grateful look, it just meant everything. It made it entirely worth sitting through this MUSICAL! Her smile wasn't directed at me it was just like she was surrounded by nothing but pure happiness!

To my disappointment Devyn had figured out the surprise the night before, go figure! Which I didn't know until after the movie was over, and she hinted Kelly in on what she thought! "But mom I told her I didn't know for sure because you hadn't told me anything", blah blah blah!! It pisses me off because it reminds me of myself. No surprises just figure it out! I hate surprises, but I have gained a whole new respect for someone who wants to surprise me now.

The movie was OK, I mean I caught myself laughing a couple times over the ridiculous times they chose to sing a song, and just the idea of the whole movie. But I have to admit I probably watched Kelly's reaction to the movie as much as I watched the movie itself. And believe me I know what it feels like to be completely obsessed and taken over by something, TWILIGHT!! So I did understand to an extent on where she was coming from. I loved watching her smile, cry, and laugh to the movie. She felt everything that HSM hopes for a person to feel! It just felt so good to do something like that for someone you love!



So the Bible is so right on about when you bless others it is really YOU that will be blessed in the end! I teared up a couple times just watching her, and THAT my friends is what it's all about! Giving, loving, sharing and experiencing things with the ones we love! Thank you Kelly for giving me today, it truly was priceless!!

By the way stupid me forgot my camera AGAIN!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Such a neat story, brought a little tear to my eye. Sounds like Kelly had a great day even with Devyn's big mouth!!!! So we really need to work on the camera thing!

Wasilly said...

I don't know much about HSM, but I think I know enough to know that it was really nice of you to take your friend! And it sounds like you guys had a good time!