Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old friends

You know with my past I'm not to keen on seeing any of my "old friends". Due to a lot of them being more of drug buddies than friends. Also having the demands of my own family there is little time to keep in touch. Which in some cases is bad, because I did have some great friends. I guess what is bringing this all up is I just had a 5 hour visit with a great friend. Jake, he lives in Colorado now but has to come here to pick his daughter up for the summer. Boy, times change, it was really a good time visiting with him. I always get a bit nervous when I know I will see someone from my past, but this seemed so natural. He has really grown up, he has changed so many things. I am truly proud of him!!
Mom always reminds me that not everyone from my past looks at me and only remembers who I was, and today I felt like that was true.
Cheers to old friends and new lives.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a good day with him!

luckymslucy said...

Im glad you got a blog page! Ive been meaning to start one too... only time will tell I guess!
Anyways, I know what you feel when you see old 'friends' of the past. It makes me nervous because Im a bit fatter than before... :) But you know, some people are in your life for a reason, some are only around for a little bit, and some should have moved on the sec they walk into your life. You gotta take the good with the bad and just learn from it. I was a druggie too... good times. Glad I made it thru and moved on! Thank God.
I think you look great, who cares what some people think.. you cant make everyone happy anyways. :)
Lucy