Friday, July 11, 2008

Tired


I've always loved my nap times, but lately it seems to be getting out of hand. WHY AM I SO FREAKIN' TIRED? I barely finish that sentence to myself when it hits me duuhhh I watch 9 kids (including mine) during the day. Along with trying to keep up with the laundry, dishes, straightening of the house, ect. All the while I am saying NO NO NO. I hate that word, and it seems to be the only one I say. Summers are so hard. They should be the fun and relaxing times, but for my family it goes into overdrive!!

But then again I am so thankful that I do get to have a nappy time. I am very thankful I am taking care of my kids and I don't have to pay someone to do the job I want so much to do. YES, there are times I would like to be alone and relax, but then I would miss so much!! For example the frog this morning they found. That poor frog, it endured over an hour of abuse from curious children. They built it a pond, made sure he had food to eat, and lots of rocks for him to jump on. By the time I said outside time is over that poor frog was pretending to be dead, do ya blame him??

Or all the times Nate tells me when he is peeing outside, "nobody wants to see your pickle". I came to find out his grammie told him this one day while he was peeing on her yard. I would miss all those funny sayings, and they aren't even trying to be funny. Just the greatest innocence in our world!

I remember one time when we went to the Discovery Center, Dev and I had to go to the bathroom. She informed me she couldn't get the napkins out to wash her hands off. I'm thinking what??? I look at her and realized she was trying to get "napkins" out of the tampons box. As I am dying laughing she is asking me what is so funny..."it says sanitary napkins".

Now I that I look back my kids have said so many funny things in their short lives, why didn't I write it all down? I will try to from this point on.

One more funny one before I leave, one day Nate was playing outside and told Jesus, "Jesus turn off your fan, it is way to windy down here".
These may be the most tiring days of my life, but so worth it.

I love my babies!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing that is so funny. Definitely need to start writing those down.

I understand the tired thing. I know that during the school year I am so tired all the time. Kids wear you out. I can't imagine doing that all day and then having some at home too......so scary for the future!

3Lmom said...

I love the sayings your kids come up with they are the cutest! Just wanted to take a minute to tell you how much you mean to our family and how much we appreciate all you do. Especially when I know is my little red headed fat man that you say no, no, no to all the time! : )