Monday, July 7, 2008

our fourth


My sister-n-law started a new blog page, and I thought it would be fun to try. I've done a couple on myspace but I like this better. I don't know how often I will be able to do this, but I'm going to try to often. This is the blog I posted on myspace today.

Hello friends!! Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. We had a wonderful and busy time with our family. You know the older I get, (which sucks) I realize I just can't do the stuff I used too. Of course, there are a few things I would never want to do again, but staying up late having a few drinks is one thing I don't mind doing every once in awhile. Only my body does mind. It takes me a couple of days to get myself back to normal. Sam can go go go, what the hell is wrong with him!?! I learned this even more last weekend. Dan and Andrea came down to the lake on Sunday and we enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon out there with a few drinks. Before we knew it, it's midnight we're back home with a lot more than a case of beer gone. It seriously took me until Wednesday morning to feel back to normal. But no matter how many times I deal with this, I still don't stop trying. Like some miracle will happen, and I will suddenly be 18 again.
Friday night was my night to stay up late, so I tried. I was actually smart enough to stop drinking awhile before I went to bed though. I went to lay down and of course Sam is still going..."ya wanna go swimming?" I decided what the hell it's not every weekend you get to spend at the lake. We go down the dark trail to the lake and who gets in the damn water??? ME and only ME! Kind of pissed me off...he dragged my ass out of bed to go swimming is this muddy, tree infested lake (due to the water being so high)!! Well then he drags my brother out there, and he decides we should all go to the dock instead of behind the house. The dock isn't even on land, you have to take a row boat out to it. We do this, and then we remember the boat dock has no electricity and we can't see to open the lock. How annoying!! So we take the boat back to shore and forget it. All the while we think Andrea is reading in bed thinking we are idiots for even attempting this. OHHHH no she is trying to be sneaky...I'm gonna hide in the woods, and try and scare the shit out of them. HA HA your sneaky shit didn't work with us!! I didn't even realize she was out there. Sam and Dan did, but the MEN didn't get scared! Too funny.
I thought I would be suffering the next day, but I am happy to report we enjoyed another long and beautiful day out on the lake. Now I did have to have a nap on sunday, which didn't work out to well for me...Nate kicking me the entire time. But now that it's Monday I feel much better.
What a great weekend. Being with Mom, Dan, Andrea and my family. My girls learned how to dive (really good actually), Nate attempted the dive but did more of a belly flop. Hey kudos to him for even trying, and Luke enjoyed swimming and relaxing at the lake. Family, lake time, food, beer...what more could ya ask for...Ohh well safety and God blessed us with that too!!
Hope you all had a great Fourth.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great times at the lake! Always enjoy seeing and being with all of you!