Monday, October 13, 2008

Ponder on This

First of all I want to mention what a beautiful weekend it was! The weather was marvelous! That's the kind of weather that you never want to go inside, you sit there and wonder why am I not camping this weekend!?!








OK so during this beautiful weekend I have been thinking of a few things!




I am NOT a touchy person, actually sometimes when I'm being touched it feels like ants are crawling all over my body. Most of those times come when I am in PMS! I hate this about myself. Why do I have to be like this? I work on it because I don't want my kids to be this way! I grew up with my parents always showing affection towards one another and towards my brother and I, so I don't know where it comes from. Are people born this way? Is it a defensive mechanism? Wow, I did NOT mean for people to ponder on this subject, but oh well gives us something to think about. But this my friends is something to ponder on...How come my mom always knows that right time to touch me? The times I need it most! I don't even have to say anything and she knows! Is that just because she is my mom? Is it because we have such a close friendship that we are that tuned into each other? Are all moms and daughters like this? My mom is always going to hug on me whether I want it or not, she will pat on my leg, shoulder, and I wonder is this to fill her need of touch? I'm glad no matter how I feel about touch, she will continue on touching. People need to be touched! Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself of this? My family hung out with mom and dad on Saturday afternoon and my mom gave me this hug that seemed to be the exact squeeze and length I needed! Also one more thing about touch, was this hug so good because it was from my MOM? Would it have been what I needed if it were from someone else? Or is it that our MOMS give us the best hugs? Hugs of protection, of friendship, of unconditional love? Thanks mom!! By the way I can't stand this picture of me, but it is a good representation of "our hugs"!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love this entry Sarah! I'm a pretty touchy person so I don't really relate. Although I do know that about you and try and keep my distance! I think it all has to do with it being your mom. Anytime I feel down, just hearing my moms voice makes me feel better. I think it is a special bond you have with your mothers. You are so lucky to have yours so close!!!