Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkins

Hello All! Well a few weeks ago mom gave me a Family Circle magazine that had pumpkin ideas in it. They suggested painting them. I thought that would be so cool. So Saturday we piled up and headed to Walmart for the essential items! We decided on spray paint, and acrylic for the detail painting. We head home with a lot more than needed (that's one reason I can't stand Walmart) including our paint, 3 big pumpkins and 5 small.


When we get home our friend from Colorado, Jake, came by with his daughter and they began their fun. They each had a small pumpkin to do whatever they wanted with. Then Sam had a big pumpkin that he painted black and carved out a tree. I had in my stubborn head that I wanted a white pumpkin with stenciled on black bats. UUGGHHH! Why do I plan things like that? More than not they never turn out how I had them to be in my mind. It so didn't work this time, that instead of bats I have a pumpkin painted 3 times in white (to cover many mistakes), and now there is just a black painted on face. Ohhh well. That's the way it goes sometimes, but lets note that Sam who didn't even really try that much but had the confidence his would turn out the best... it did. The picture doesn't justify it, but it's pretty cool. Especially at night. He bought this light that has 4 different colors and it streams through the branches. Very nice. The kids had a blast with the spray paint. You should see my yard. It's quite comical! But ya know who flipin cares when my babies had a blast?!?
























Also another share, Sadey is currently a 1st grade cheerleader for the Wolves football team. Of course, this team consists of pre-k through 1st grade. They look like little ants out there running. Very cute! Sadey does a great job! Not so sure she knows all the cheers that great, but let me tell ya she looks good and has a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love the white with the black face. It looks great. Better than any crazy bats anyway! You should take a picture of Sam's at night, it looks like it would be pretty neat.