Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas at Mom and Dad's








For those who do not know my dad works off shore on an oil rig, and is gone a lot. So due to his absence at Christmas (usually) we have our Christmas celebration with them a little early when dad is home.



It's always such a wonderful time with family! Last year and this year we did soups with mini-sandwiches and lots of snackie foods and LOTS of dessert! Always way too much to eat in such little time, so we come together the next day for lunch and try to finish it off. It is so good. So good to the point that you are miserable after the feast! (extra workout time needed after that weekend!)

Anyways Friday night mom and dad watched all the kids, and Sam and I enjoyed an evening together. Mostly we went into Branson and finished our Christmas shopping, but it was just nice being together. The score of that evening was a new book store called Books-A-Million. I could have spent so much time in there! It was a heaven to me.

We went to my parents on Saturday around 1pm and started our now annual celebration. I hate the fact that dad is gone most Christmas's but this early celebration has become one of my favorite times of the season! It also seems to help with the over stimulation of the kids getting so many presents at one time from two sets of gparents and us! This gives them time to enjoy the presents from mom, dad, u.Dan and a.Andrea.

We all got wonderful gifts, but a few I want to write about in particular.



1.The American Idol game the young Pullans got the girls. It is so much fun. You can plug your own Mp3 player into it and dance away. It is hard, but I just put it on a slow pace and dance away. We all tried this Saturday, and I believe we worked out our stomachs as much as our legs from all the laughing!

2.This gift wasn't even to my family, but it has to do with that Wii I love. Mom and Dad got the young Pullans the Mario Kart game. WHOOO HOOO that is fun! Oh how I love the Wii.

3.Mom and Dad got all the kids a Scene It game. We played it yesterday because the kids had a snow day. It was so much fun! It's a Disney one, so the kids are pretty educated in that department! Great way to pull all of us together!

But like I said all gifts were great these were just a few that we have had time to enjoy together!

The best dog ever got a little present too, but he destroyed it in less than 5 minutes. Oh how I love that Chocolate Labrador Retriever! I could never own a dog that sweet and who seems to know every thought I have. He is a precious, precious animal! Sometimes he seems more human to me, and I believe he himself thinks this too! Sorry about going off about the dog. We lost our cat this week, and I'm having a hard time with it! We will miss that silly crazy cat that blessed our lives for just over a year!

Enough of the sad stuff! I'm so very thankful to be blessed with a wonderful family, and it was another fascinating Christmas holiday at the Pullans! Thanks for the good times! I just love traditions!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It was a wonderful day! Thanks for everything. I expect you to be pretty good at the dance game by the next time we are down. I also want to play the Scene it game!

Bronson will be down in a few days so you can spoil him!