Monday, December 22, 2008

Just a quick share to show some pictures of the Deaton gang doing our annual Christmas cookies. It is always such a pain in the butt to clean up the mess, but well worth it! They get so excited, and get more creative each year. Devyn is now 10 and her cookies were well decorated, she liked to try to lick the frosting more than anything (true sugar freak)! Mom and I had to send her into the bathroom to wash her hands a few times:)! Sadey is 7 now and her cookies were quite the creation also. I just give them each their own frosting, knife, sprinkles, and this year used writing frosting. Sadey used barely any of her frosting (to my disappointment, that's the best part), but they turned out pretty. Lukas just cracks me up. His nickname is Turtle for a good reason! It took him 10 to 15 minute to decorate one small cookie, but it did look good. Really good actually the child did a good job, and took it serious! Nate, well what can I say, he is Nate. I think he broke one or two of the cookies while decorating, and then gave up after a couple because he was too concerned with wanting to lick the frosting bowl. I just gave up and didn't let him have any more cookies, so we wouldn't have Nate germs all over the cookies!! It was fun and always an adventure. As I say I love holiday traditions!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great time!